Continuation of CSC (Compact System Camera) in retreat

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,321
Re: Not bumping …

HappyVan wrote:

robert1955 wrote:

Which means you are admitting that with the numbers that you deem relevant, your original position that 'mirroless is in retreat' is no longer tenable.

BTW: you'r bumping again. Is this the best thrill you can find?

… because I have no time to waste.

I'm being analytical and my method is sound.

The end of 2011 saw a high point for CSC sales in Japan, because of the Thai floods. In 2012, Nikon returns to normal production and DSLR once again dominate sales in terms of volume and sales $.

I will allow CSC 6 months to prove me wrong. Can CSC return to 2011 high water mark with J1, NEX5N/7, GF5, OMD and GX!?

So far, I have seen no evidence that CSC can rival DSLR; at the price points that DSLR competes in! NEX is doing well but but the consumer DSLR outsell NEX by quite a bit. J1 is showing surprising strength, but Nikon needs to discount in order to keep it moving.

Don't get me wrong. IMO, CSC now has enough on the table to be established. My point is that by summer, the industry outlook will be set for the balance of the year. And, that CSC will not be able to re=establish the high water mark.

So, to be fair, I'm checking the results every month till July. I will happily admit that I am wrong if the facts work out that way.

Do the facts matter to you?

LOL. Yes, check those results every month, why don't you! Obsess much? You act like your life depends on it.

Your better bet is to check back in a few years from now! Your time scale is too small, and you're doing it way too early in the game. And Canon, the biggest camera company in the world, hasn't even entered the market yet. I wouldn't even bother tracking CSC until Canon fully enters the market. Frankly, I don't know why you bother tracking and "checking the results" at all! Haha. Why don't you just buy what you want, and use it, like the rest of us. History will take its course. What kind of buffoon needs to obsessively track CSC like you do?

Right or wrong, checking and re-checking, do you even realize how pathetic you sound?

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow