A missing Con in the Canon 5d III's review: absence of an onboard flash

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Colin K. Work Veteran Member • Posts: 3,699
Re: Hate flash. Never want an onboard flash.

I hate video, never used it ... until the last shoot I was on when the client asked if I could record a simple task to illustrate a point on their website.

Well I made loads of excuses about knowing nothing about video, but said I'd give it a go. Simple point and shoot exercise, but it came out OK and client was very happy.

I may never shoot video again, but on that day I made a mental apology to Canon for all the bad things I'd said about them sullying my DSLR with video

Likewise, I don't like flash and (almost) never use on board flash. However, on a couple of occassions the flash on my 7D has got me out of a sticky situation - once when when my 'pro' flash failed, and another when I didn't have a flash with me and was unexpectedly put in a situation where flash was required.

Given that real world photography isn't always fine art,and sometimes getting a shot is all that matters, I say give me whatever you can to increase my flexibility ... PROVIDED it does not compromise the camera in some other way.

Whether this would have been possible with the 5D3, I'm not sure.

Cheers,

Colin
--
Colin K. Work
http://www.ckwphoto.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
AC1
AC1
AC1
cyk
ihv
(unknown member)
cyk
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow