The wedding went well...

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
peppermonkey Veteran Member • Posts: 4,767
What's with some of these people...

Some great shots here. But then again, that's to be expected. You take beautiful shots. Wish I was in the same ball park. Oh well. Lots to learn.

I can't really understand why there are so many who are poo-pooing your shots. Sure, some of them aren't what 'I' would like but then again, it's not 'MY' wedding so frankly it means absolutely nothing. The 'ONLY' thing that matters is if you client/friend loves them. Period. I really can't understand why that's so hard for some people to understand.

If I was to give one criticism, it would be the first photo...the software blur (it is done in pp no?) is rather...umm...noticeable? I generally don't care if someone PP's a photo if it's not distracting/realistic/etc. But if its something you catch just by giving a cursory glance, well, not so much then. In this case, if you wanted to draw the attention away from the background crowd, I personally would try some slight vignetting, but then again, I don't think of myself as a good photographer and heck, there are some who 'hates' vignetting

Regardless,
Great job

-- hide signature --

Hubert

My cameras: GF1, TZ3, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky and my wife's old K110D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100 II Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow