Help! Hard drive with all my photos failed...

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CasonT New Member • Posts: 2
Help! Hard drive with all my photos failed...

Hello Everyone,

I need some help... I did a big shoot last week of a wedding in Laguna Beach. I've already been paid half for the gig, and when I got back to my studio I emptied my cards to my external USB drive for editing (Western Digital Essential USB 3). I normally load them to the external, then save the finished products to my internal drive after Photoshoping them. Well, I looked at the external USB to verify the files were there then put away my gear.

I shot some pics of the eclipse on Sunday evening (Kodak ND4 Filtering), at which time I cleared off the images from the card knowing I'd already saved them to the USB drive. When I began trying to open my files on Monday to edit the wedding photos the drive would not mount! I called Western Digital and they told me to try different cables and power supply etc., but not much more than that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not only out the money for the wedding shoot, but I'm extremely embarassed to tell the newly weds their photos are gone...
Thanks,

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow