SB800 Flash not working with Yongnuo RF603N
I recently bought a used but pristine Nikon SB800 flash that seemed like the perfect addition to my Nikon SB700 and Yongnuo RF603N transceivers.
Having used my transceivers on several flashes without a hitch until now, I thought setting up the SB800 as a remote flash would be as easy as attaching the RF popper and setting the Wireless mode to remote, just as I do with the SB700, but to my dismay, this simply isn't working!
I have done several tests but for some reason, I can't quite get it to fire. If I use the Commander mode in my D7K body, both flashes work flawlessly, but if I use the Yongnuo RF, nothing seems to work. The only response I get back from the SB800 is the Ready LED flashing whenever I shoot.
I'm starting to think that I need a PC-sync cable from the RF to the Flash in order to set-it off, Is this correct?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%