Liveview Bashers

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 10,825
Re: Liveview Bashers

jwang88 wrote:

Have you ever tried the Canon Live View? Canon may lack of the high MP but its Live View performance is day and night compared to Nikon, the poor color, jagged resolution, big noise and vibration of the mirror flapping during the LV shooting, long black out time, inconvenience to manually open the apertures to fine focus, awkward zoom in function, etc. making the LV on Nikon way behind Canon 5D Mark III and even Mark II. So I am staying with Canon even I really love to upgrade to higher MP. Hope Canon will introduce one soon.

Live view just seems like the wrong place to take a step backwards on a 36mp camera. Even Nikon warns that excellent technique and focus are critical to getting the full potential from the D800. It seems strange that they would make critical manual focus slightly more difficult than cameras made 4 years ago. I don't think anyone is saying its totally unusable, just inappropriate for the highest mp FF DSLR available right now.
Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
MOD TOF guy
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow