The wedding went well...

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
rkeller Senior Member • Posts: 1,066
Re: The wedding went well...

Marla2008 wrote:

I'm processing the shots a little at random, so so far more are from the Nikon, but there is a couple of m4/3 in the bunch. It really is irrelevant as PP is pretty heavy on all shots , so any native differences are smoothed out.

Yeah, that's really the problem with this set of images. I don't know what impulse drives people to take good quality imaging devices and purposely make the output look bad. Especially for weddings, when there are beautiful settings, decorations, and outfits. Why purposely give people terrible looking skintones? Wedding photography seems to be afflicted by this to a great degree. The over-processed trendy abominations being inflicted today will look as dated and unfashionable as the selective colorization of awhile back (not that I haven't recently seen people still doing that!)

It's simple: capture good expressions with solid compositions in flattering (or at least interesting) light and natural colors. But all the processing in the world can't save you if you can't do that.

-- hide signature --

"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan

"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow