HS30 Battery Life

Started May 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fulcanelli
Fulcanelli Regular Member • Posts: 440
HS30 Battery Life

I bought a second battery for my HS30, an off brand called "Power 2000" and charged it up for the first time last Saturday and tossed it in my camera bag. The Fuji battery finally exhausted on Friday morning and went I put the Power2000 in...nothing. It was completely dead. I recharged it and it is working fine now, but I can't believe the battery drained in just a few days. I do this sort of thing all the time with different cameras/batteries and never had this problem. My Pentax K5 battery stays well charged for well over a week, as does the battery for my Lumix GH2. Fuji wants nearly $70 for a battery and this Power2000 was only $15. I've used off brand batteries often and never had a problem before. Is it the battery, or does this particular model have issues?

NP-W126 7.2V 1500mAh Li-ion.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I always want a charged back up battery and while the first charge lasted quite a while for the Fuji battery, I'm uncertain quite how to calculate when a battery is drained.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow