Canon 550D vs. Nikon D5100 noise???
I have been doing a lot of research about entry level Canon and Nikon cameras. Generally on comparisons like D5100 vs 550D/600D OR D3100 vs. 1100D, people say Nikon has the edge on noise performance and dynamic range. But when I compare them on DPReview's 'Studio scene comparison', I find Canon's image to be much cleaner. Also, Dynamic Range on Nikon doesn't seem to be as much remarkably greater than Canon as DxOMark reports.
Can someone explain why Nikon images look poor compared to Canon on DPReview(at high ISO)? I know it's more about the cameraman than the camera itself but I just want to start with a best value camera to start with.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%