My thoughts on my newly purchased 70-300 4/5.6 USM IS L Lens

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
DBCossini
DBCossini Regular Member • Posts: 455
Re: My thoughts on my newly purchased 70-300 4/5.6 USM IS L Lens

Brian Wadie wrote:

I don't think that IQ is much better than the 70-300mm NON L. I guess you pay for the build quality, that's all. Many people have been disappointed about this lens IQ not being L quality. And, is super heavy.
--
Canon Person.

Care to share any of the threads relating to this? (its not the reaction of those of us who actually own and use the lens)

Popular Photography for one! Quote: "This lens gives high-end Canon shooters a stabilized telezoom that’s physically less burdensome than the 100–400mm and financially less so than the about-to-be-replaced 70–200mm f/2.8L IS. It’s also significantly superior by most optical standards. If you don’t need its rugged L-series build, though, stick with Canon’s current non-L 70–300mm f/4–5.6 IS, which is slightly sharper (at 300mm) and has slightly better close-up magnification (1:4.1 at 300mm).
March 29, 2011

DBCossini's gear list:DBCossini's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow