Fuji XPro/Xtrans a mistake?

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
JSTB Regular Member • Posts: 262
Re: Sell it

I have sold the D700, but I told the person who is a friend of mine he can't have until I get the D800. Honestly I keep chewing this one over. I love the 35mm F1.4 lens but I just never use it since I got the X Pro. Silly as it sounds the X Pro has me excited about photography. I guess some people find it frustrating. I really find it liberating. The JPEG's are fantastic. I use to dread having to do the post stuff. Now it's a breeze. I going to give it another month, but I could easily see myself just having the X Pro as it appears my D800 order won't ship for a while. I haven't once wanted to use the Nikon since I got it. I just don't find it to be a hard camera to use at all. The lenses for this camera are really good. I'm really leaning towards just going with the Fuji. I think the RAW support will get there.

liquid stereo wrote:

The "value" of the Nikon gear will only go down and if you're enjoying the XPro 1 experience/output you won't use the bulky kit.

I've sold all of my DSLR kit except for telephotos which I use for birding. That might even change when the Novoflex Minolta/Sony A-mount adapter hits the streets.

JSTB wrote:

I am so happy with the JPEG's the camera produces that I haven't even used my D700 since I got it. I have a D800E on order but I honestly could care less when I get it. The great thing is I don't have to spend a bunch of time in Lightroom or Aperture. I spend enough time staring at a computer monitor at work. I'm still astounded at how good the JPEG's are from this camera. I've been printing them at 12 X 18 for the last couple of weeks and they are just amazing. The lenses are super sharp. Sure I'll keep my Nikon gear because I have so much invested in Nikon lenses, but I doubt I'll be using it much. I have never been happier with a camera purchase. I'm not in a big hurry for the RAW support, and I'm not even sure I'll bother with RAW files with this camera anyway.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow