Nikonrumors see the D600 as more likely and gives more specs

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
SNRatio Regular Member • Posts: 474
Example of successful product differentiation by Nikon..

Cha Chief wrote:

Man I just looked at the Nikon Rumors website. If this D600 camera prediction is right, that is no more than a potential 24mp D7000. They can have that stuff. If I wanted a D7000, 16mp is plenty for me. I think most people are interested in 8fps and at least the same auto-focus accuracy and tracking ability as the D300 with better ISO performance than the D300. My D5100 gets almost 5fps. 1 extra frame per second ain't going to motivate me to spend money. 4 extra fps will. Man the D4 is starting to look more attractive every day. I just don't feel like spending 6gs.

You just provided an example of how Nikon's product differentiation is very successfull

I would be very happy to get a double D5100 sensor, and the D800 seems to be even better than that. But I also need speed, and the D400 will give me that. If Nikon chooses pixels over fps in that model, I'll really regret it - and it may keep me from buying it. But a 16MP upgrade of the D300 will be just fine. If my D300 had the sensor qualities of my D5100, I would never have sold it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
(unknown member)
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
eNo
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow