Why is an OM-D better than a Pentax K-5?

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
zxaar Veteran Member • Posts: 4,159
Re: Trying to do close to equivalent comparisons

Henry Richardson wrote:

PerL wrote:

But since you know about the Pentax pancakes and other small primes, dont you think it is a bit miseading to pick a Sigma 28 1.8, a huge bulky FF lens, as a basis for comparision?

Okay, you choose the Pentax lens that is equivalent 40mm f1.7. Which lens would that be? The Sigma 28mm f1.8 is equivalent 42mm f1.8 so that is as close as I could find. If you have a Pentax AF 27mm f1.7 you want to show me then please do. The Pentax 31mm f1.8 is the closest, I think, with an equivalent FL of about 47mm, but it is MF, not AF, so not a good comparison. I am trying to do close to equivalent comparisons.

I also showed the Olympus 9-18mm and the Sigma 10-20mm since they are fairly close in equivalent FLs. It is meaningless, IMO, for you to come up with cherry picked MF lenses that are not close to equivalent.

Here is a list of m4/3 lenses. Go through them and for each one tell me what the closest equivalent Pentax lens is and we can check out how the size compares:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=40938689

Here are the Pentax lenses that I am aware of:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-lenses

the problem is you are looking at the lenses they are currently making. Many of the pentax users are using old pentax lenses too. 80% of my pentax lenses are old ones. And most of them are very compact. For example

50mm F1.2 is not larger than typical 50mm F1.4 or F1.8 lens. I carry it my times in my jacket pocket.
28mm M f2.8 is also very compact, slightly larger than pancake.

135mm M F3.5 is slightly larger than 50mm F1.2 I said (I believe it might be the most compact 135mm ).
takumar 105mm F2.8 is very compact for 105 mm

There are many more. All these lenses I listed are FF lenses.

The thing is you are not well informed like many here. And it is not your fault because I do not think you are really interested in pentax to know all this.

-- hide signature --

::> I make spelling mistakes. May Dog forgive me for this.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow