Rolling Case Recomendations

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
cwmartin Senior Member • Posts: 1,203
Think Tank Airport Security V2 or other Airport Series

I own and use the Think Tank Airport Security V2 bag and highly reccommend it. Right now they have a sale going on where they will give you a laptop bag with the purchase of the roller bag.

Nice things about the Airport Security V2 is that it has 2 different security cables built into the bag, so you can padlock the bag to something if you need to leave it somewhere unattended for a period of time. It also has built-in what Think Tank calls emergency backpack straps, so if you encounter terrain where you can't roll the bag, you can convert to backpack and go from there.

Think Tank has a whole series of "Airport" bags, including rollers designed to fit in overhead bins of domestic US airlines and another one for International carriers (slightly smaller). They just introduced a 4 wheel roller bag to the lineup.

You didn't list the equipment list that you want to get into the roller, so that will make a difference in selection. The Airport Security V2 is hugh in capacity. I have an Airport Security V2 and I am amazed at what I fit into it. Nikon D4, Nikon D3S, 14-24mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm VRII, 80-400mm VR, 200-400mm VR, SB800, P300, TC-14EII, TC-20EIII, Rocket Blaster (x2), Nikon lens cleaning kit, Spare EN-EL4a & EN-EL18 batteries, GP-1 & Phottix GPS, plus tons of accessories, camera straps, 2 Think Tank memory card holders, high vis photo vest, and more. Just last night I found space in there to add my new D800 to all of the other gear.

Think Tank announced a program that allows you to test out their bags, so I suggest you visit their web site and inquire on that.
--
Clifford W Martin
aka BigRedDogATL
http://www.bigreddogatl.com

cwmartin's gear list:cwmartin's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow