NEX-7 vs. Canon 5D Mark II - for professional

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Slynky Senior Member • Posts: 2,434
Re: NEX-7 vs. Canon 5D Mark II - for professional

I'm not a pro. I do make some money on the side.

Having said that, I thought I'd mention I scoff back.

Guys toting all sorts of "black" weight looking at me standing alongside them with my "silver" thing. So, when an opportunity comes up, I get smug and say (if it's a Nikon), "You know, the company that made my camera makes your sensors". Or if it's a Canon, I say, "Yeah, I used to lug one of those around. Sold all of it after comparing IQ with this camera and not seeing any difference."

One guy even made a comment about the size of my 18-200. I replied, "Yeah, it's kind of big but I think it's still smaller and weighs less than my old Canon 24-70 2.8."

For the life of me, I can't warp my logic around the person who sees your website, chooses you because of your images there (or word of mouth), and then turns his/er back on you after you show up with the NEX. Sigh...
--

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow