Considering the Carl Zeiss 24mm

Started Mar 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
RustyKnee Regular Member • Posts: 462
Re: Considering the Carl Zeiss 24mm

very nice...you are helping fight my battle for the 24mm rather than X100.

sean lancaster wrote:

I really like the Zeiss 24. I used to think it was silly that people would buy a camera like the X100 where a 35mm lens (equivalent) is constantly attached. How could anyone only shoot with 1 fixed lens? Then I bought the Zeiss and discovered that I could leave it on my camera almost all of the time and rarely regret it. I did encounter a group of about 200 dolphins near Cape Town where I wished I had a 55 - 210, but that's pretty rare for me. And the Zeiss 24 will hold its value whereas the X100 will not.

Also, I never expected to get into flowers, but this Zeiss allows near macro shooting. These are some of our tulips from below (I have reached my dpreview upload limit for the month -- whoops! So I have paste the URL from Flickr) and I actually reduced saturation a bit in PP:

Original can be viewed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayhawk/7158813536/in/photostream/

I really enjoy this lens. I have difficulty removing it for one of my other lenses.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow