Why is an OM-D better than a Pentax K-5?

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Panda9
Panda9 Regular Member • Posts: 423
Re: Plus, within the same system, you can get an EPM1 or GF5

Promit wrote:

WT21 wrote:

Using the same excellent pancake lenses, you can also get a 2nd, really small body. Hard to do that with the K5.

Good point, actually. I can coat-pocket a PEN, or wield a "big" angry OM-D, all with a single glass investment. Especially since LensRentals has confirmed that the 20mm is one bad mother

I bought into MFT when it started, and my E-M5 is my fifth body. But even after buying the E-M5, I have purchased an E-PL1 for the ridiculous price of $150 new which I intend to convert to IR, an E-PL2 for my sister to use (she can use my large collection of lenses when we're together), and yesterday just received a cheap E-PM1 to use with my 14mm for when I want a true pocketable camera.

So within one system, I have the outstanding E-M5, a pocketable E-PM1, and an IR camera, all sharing the same lenses. That's really hard to accomplish with any other system. The fact that the E-PL1, E-PL2, and E-PM1 all use the same battery, VF-2, and other accessories is icing on the cake.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow