NEX-7 vs. Canon 5D Mark II - for professional

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
headofdestiny Veteran Member • Posts: 9,226
Re: NEX-7 vs. Canon 5D Mark II - for professional

As much as it pains me to say it, be prepared to defend your little camera when you show up to some gigs. I certainly think the NEX-7 is as capable for just about anything you'd do, but non-photographers tend to think that it's all about the camera, so some will unfortunately pre-judge your work if you are using what looks like a small digicam.

I used to do some set photography for a television show out here in Los Angeles, and I'd even have people question my use of a Sony camera of any type, and that was an A900 with a vertical grip attached. I got a lot of questions about Sony, so I'd usually steer it into a conversation about Zeiss lenses. I never lost a gig because of it, but I certainly had to defend the camera's abilities. I'd imagine it would be worse with the NEX-7, because of its size, so, depending on what kind of work you'll be doing, be prepared for some to think that you're not using a "professional" camera. It's a sad reality.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow