NEX professionalism drawback?

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,658
Re: NEX professionalism drawback?

twoeggmedia wrote:

You pretty much nailed my interpretation of her response. Her tone definitely was as if I was trying to pull one over on her. It still leaves me shy about using the NEX, solely based on appearances.

I think you should have explained that the sensor was the same size and type as in the larger cameras, and suggested she look it up on the internet to verify, and left it at that.

Unfortunately, she probably just didn't have the capacity to understand and in that situation wouldn't be able to process.

Next time, have the other camera handy and dust shouldn't be visible unless there's a lot of sky. :-/ And keep a rocket-blower in your kit...

DtEW wrote:

What happened to you is absolutely unfortunate, but entirely predictable, IMHO. I think it's a case of consumer ignorance and the general crappiness of human nature.

You know this reminds me of when I was selling "clone" PC "compatible" computers, instead of a pure from-IBM PC (about 25 years ago, when I worked in a local computer shop), and a lady intentionally used an IBM-hard-coded utility to "prove" that it wasn't 100% compatible. Even though it ran normal software just fine, it doesn't matter, she "proved" it. The pride and dirision in her voice was obvious, but she was hurting herself in the end, and didn't even know it.

Anyway, this is what your story reminded me of. Sounds like the same attitude!

Yet another reason I'm glad I don't have to deal with the public, although, I still have to sometimes deal with unreasonable client demands. If you want their money, you will try to accomodate or educate and hope they're reasonble.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
d2f
wll
tko
JPG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow