E-M5 firmware bugs, report them here

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Moonlight Knight Regular Member • Posts: 150
AF goes to one end for no reason

I have my OM-D for 10 days. Last night this strange thing occurred - while I was using liveview to shoot random things at home, suddenly the 12-50 kit lens AF automatically goes to one end (probably infinity instead of closest focus, but not sure).

• OLED Liveview shows a blurry picture due to being out of focus

• The camera itself seems to operate normally, just the AF is no longer functioning

• Pointing the camera to different things with high contrast, then half-pressing the shutter does not cause the AF to move at all

• Settings: A-Mode, S-AF, AWB, Natural Sharpen -1, IS 1, face priority default

After turning the camera off then on, everything is back to normal. Although I don't think I have pressed any button to cause this behavior, but if anyone knows a certain button or function may cause this I'm interested to learn about it. The buttons are still default, I have not reconfigured them yet.

(In retrospect I should have experimented with other things like MF, checking the EVF, etc. but I didn't.)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow