Did Nikon make an EPIC BLUNDER?

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
sshoihet Senior Member • Posts: 2,594
Re: Did Nikon make an EPIC BLUNDER?

Considering how the DOF preview is almost completely useless now, I don't see that as being a big deal. The only thing the DOF button is good for on the D7000 is remapping to another actually usefull function

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

herbymel wrote:

Yes, terrible Epic Blunder...all those novice photographers pulled into the Nikon brand, having to buy all those Nikon lenses and accessories...whatever in the world were they thinking...then having to have them want to upgrade to better cameras in a few years...boy these guys must have low IQ's...and I don't mean Image Quality.
--
Herby

I actually feel a bit sorry for them because they've bought a sensor and not much else. The model makers for a poor learning tool many new shooters will need to get a grip on depth of field for one..with a camera that doesn't even had a DOF preview button.

I won't list the other stuff, it might not matter..but it's a meagre offering if there ever was one.

D3200 is megapixel marketing and a weak learning camera lacking even exposure bracketing. Style v substance shame to see it Nikon could really make a good camera here but they played the predictable boring route.

sshoihet's gear list:sshoihet's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS M Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow