Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
DtEW Senior Member • Posts: 2,445
Re: 'The Sigma 30mm the best of all available E-mount lenses?'

jack scholl wrote:

DtEW wrote:

jack scholl wrote:

30mm times 1.5 equals 45mm.

Sorry if it was confusing . . .

I'm pretty sure it's not me that is confused.

I think this puts a bit of doubt on your ability to assess.

Lets try this again . .slowly.

I took several shots with the 30mm Sigma and the Sony 18-200mm lenses at 30mm (the 35mm equivalent of 45mm).

Admirable attempt at a save!

"We tested it against a SEL18200 at f.5.6. Lest I get crucified, IT WAS SHARPER, in most cases, but not all. The stabilization of the Sony at 45mm made a difference in more cases than I would have imagined. "

Both lenses were shot at 30mm (45mm equivalent). I am sorry, but it shouldn't be this tough. If I have confused you on this issue, I am sorry, but my "ability to assess" comment seems a bit condescending at best.

If you disagree with the conclusions, that is fine. Just don't send the arrogance along in the message.

Bravo for the hutzpah at accusing others of condescension. Perhaps I... should... say... that... slower... for... you... as... well... so... I... don't... confuse... you...

DtEW's gear list:DtEW's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Samyang 24mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow