Which RAW converter to use for NEX?

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Petermgr Forum Member • Posts: 53
Re: Which RAW converter to use for NEX?

I don't have any issues with the import feature. Simply point it to the folder where I keep my images and import. Later, when I add photos to that folder, I then select synchronize on that folder. LR doesn't touch my originals, which allows for a lot of experimenting on the photo. It also has a great feature, snapshot, which allows me to save modifications I made to my image for later retrieval. You can get LR on trial.

Jefftan wrote:
May I ask if the "import" feature of Lightroom a problem?

I am not exactly sure what it is but some people seem to be bother by it and choose photoshop instead

Petermgr wrote:

Over the years I've tried many programs. I settled for Lightroom and now have version 4. It's great from start to finish.

I also use Photo Mechanic for bringing my images from chip to the hard drive, and at the same time, to a backup drive. That is where I always start. From there I will edit with Lightroom and post to my Zenfolio or Smugmug account.

Petermgr's gear list:Petermgr's gear list
Pentax *ist DS2 Pentax K20D Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow