Which RAW converter to use for NEX?

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
El Matadurr
El Matadurr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,018
Re: Which RAW converter to use for NEX?

Jefftan wrote:

The RAW conversion program that I am aware of now is Adobe Camera RAW to be used with either Photoshop or Lightroom. I don't have either one and if I need to buy one out of these two, which one should I choose?

I use Lightroom 4.1. Combined with the most recent candidate update, it is THE program to have, as you can now essentially shoot any and all of your fast primes wide open thanks to the improved CA removal sliders, which Aperture and DxO (and obviously Sony's IDC) lack. The only thing you'll have to content with is a lack of contrast and sharpness, the former of which can be brought up in post easily since you and I both shoot in RAW.

Reason I chose lightroom over Photoshop was, quite simply, the cost. That, and Lightroom 4 is a much better workflow program, whereas Photoshop is best suited to editing individual images at a time. You can also rest assured that DPReview's review confirmed that the ACR tool in these programs balances getting the most resolution out of the sensor's files, as well as combating pixel-level moire (in their charts, anyway).

http://matthewdurrphotography.wordpress.com

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6500 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow