G1X: Tips on using the 250D/500D close-up lenses
The 500D is designed to focus at 50cm (20 inches) when the lens is focused at infinity. Best way to use the lens is place the camera 19 inches (just under 20 inches) from the target, keep the distance constant, and then zoom to change field of view. Distances are measured from camera sensor to target.
Using this strategy you can alter the field of view from 6 inches (full telephoto) to 24 inches (full wide). Be sure not to use Macro mode as you won't get the full range of values.
Use a similar strategy for the 250D only divide all the above numbers in half.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%