Has anybody used a free website creator?

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 18,971
Re: NetObjects. . .

Thanks for the kind words!

It's been a while since I've used NetObjects (I decided I was a photographer not a web designer!) but you might want to take a second look. I seem to recall that is user controllable. But I could be wrong. Hey! it happens, hard to believe, I know.

Though now that I think about it, you might want to reconsider your original intent in using the space efficiently. A "TOO" efficient use of space means that if someone doesn't size their web browser window the same way you did during design, then you run the risk of the page displaying less than optimally for them. I seem to recall, that the most effective layout left a fair margin on the sides to accomodate the differences.

Things may have changed since then, but increasing page image size always seemed to result in good images and good text while forcing the user to shrink the page image left the text less than satisfactory. You might want to experiment a bit before making a final decision.

-- hide signature --

I'm so bright, my father calls me son.

Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow