Let's unite for new Mac Pro!!!!

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pontoneer Senior Member • Posts: 2,411
Re: I gave up and

Quite aside of all the marketing theory being expounded ,

the Mac Pro is a flagship product used to showcase and lead the way with the latest technology , which later will filter down the product range to more everyday models . It may not always need to generate profit in itself since it may well inspire customers to buy other less expensive products and thus indirectly still help the company to be profitable .

This is much in the same way as Mercedes have for the last 40 years brought out the latest developments in the S Class range , before allowing technology like ABS or airbags to become available throughout the range .

In the same way , features in this year's Mac Pro will probably find their way into next year's iMac or MacBook .

At least with a traditional 'tower' format computer , the possibility of replacing or upgrading components to extend the lifespan also seems somewhat easier than in some of the other products ; I know this is probably not good business for the manufacturer since 'planned obsolescence' is probably the route to repeat purchases and greater profit , but I am still happy using my G5 after five or so years and every now and again fit larger internal drives as prices fall , or a new optical drive to add functionality rather than spend £££ on a whole new machine .
--
With kind regards

Derek.

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +46 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow