Help with using Garmin handheld GPS
I'm pretty stuck on the basics and cant find a forum anywhere dedicted to this subject. There is a Garmin forum but it doesn't seem to have a section for handheld GPS.
So the questions:
1. When using BaseCamp on the PC I've zoomed in on a map - how do I zoom out? I've tried pressing the zoom and a -, shift, Ctrl, right clicking the mouse etc. and looked in the index also. Also Googed it. So basic I'm really shocked I haven't been able to work this out!
Does your mouse have a scroll wheel on it? most do. try that.
2. I bought a map on a mini SD card, and that works on the eTrex ... and I can see it in BaseCamp. Is there a way of transferring this to the hard drive of the eTrex please?
there should be a micro sd slot on your unit to put it in.
3. I tried putting some waypoints on a route yesterday, and I think (hope) I just press the toggle button as I go along to do this. I wanted to see if this had worked and was hoping to see the markers in BaseCamp, but can't (so either I don't know how to, or I haven't marked the waypoints correctly). Can anyone help please?
can't help with this. haven't used it in forever.
4.Is there a 'good way' of making a track? I did a test on MemoryMap and downloaded to the eTrex ok, but following it was all but impossible because I must have put too many (close) waypoints (which obliterated the route). I ended up going back to my Iphone map to see where I was going! Is there a 'best practice' on this?
Thanks for any advice on this, and if anyone has any further tips to help my learning curve I'd really appreciate it.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4