Getting a D4 for $1000 (or down with Mail order)!

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fotoloco Contributing Member • Posts: 959
Getting a D4 for $1000 (or down with Mail order)!

Well - not really. That would be just to good to be true. Whatt is actually happening - I was kind of leaning towards a D800 when I really wanted the D4 but did not want/could not afford to drop the 6 grand. I would have bought the 800 without selling anything, so would have been out of pocket $3.5 grand with grip. I am a bit of a horder and have not bothered to sell off a bunch of stuff I do not use or do not need, so I boxed it up, took it to Dodd, and asked what they would give me in trade for the D4 and a couple lenses. They made me a deal that was below what I would get if I sold everything myself a piece at a time, but it was a fair offer, and boy, did it ever save me a hassel. Got 5 grand in credit, so my out of pocket for the 4 is just $1000. The point of this thread? There still are some decent camera shops out there that have a reasonable amount of stuff in stock and are worth working with and supporting as sales continue to shift to the big mail order houses. If you look for them the rightnstaff, you can even find knowledgable ones that know the products and can give decent help/input. I hope others out there will make an effort to support these shops too so they do not go away.

Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow