samsung losing its lens advantage?

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jj74e Senior Member • Posts: 1,633
samsung losing its lens advantage?

prices are generally cheaper than other mirrorless cams right now, and the coverage/choices are good, and quality is great.

but it feels like they've been ignoring lenses for awhile now. only recently they started shipping the 60mm and 18-200mm, the 85mm's distribution is very spotty, and the 16-80mm that was supposed to come as well has gone completely off the map.

and now there haven't been any official announcements; the only thing we have is the lens map from awhile ago.

i hope samsung is still working aggressively on lenses behind the scenes somewhere...would love to see a cheap faster-than-2.0 lens next (preferably compact and around the 70mm mark, or if it's going to be around 55mm, make it pancake), a fast zoom, and a wide angle option somewhere at or below 14mm.

honestly, i don't get why companies aren't pushing lenses more in general. i feel like that's still a huge competitive advantage companies can take right now while every company, save for m4/3 to an extent, still lacks them. it'd be a great way to swing people into their ecosystem early while lens coverage is still sparse by most companeis.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
JP
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow