New X-Pro1 Firmware out to address chatter, other issues

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
RealXenuis Senior Member • Posts: 1,153
Re: Hip Hip Hurray! and all that for Fuji....but

You posted a criticism that people thought a bit overly demanding. I don't think it's a bad think they commented. YOU commented. That doesn't make them fanboys or you a troll, does it? You do make a good point. So do they. The End.

They should rename this forum Trolls, Fanboys, and Those Who Call Others Trolls and Fanboys.

Dailypix wrote:

Asylum Photo wrote:
Easy solution for you: Don't update your firmware.

If the process is worse than the bugs fixed, don't bother.

Dailypix wrote:

mr moonlight wrote:

Dailypix wrote:

I thought it a bit much. 4 updates needed. 3 lens changes (the lens upgrade does not work without the appropriate lens attached)

Lens file names the same you need to rename them back and forth or do it one by one erasing the card each time.
Warnings you could wreck your camera with a bad battery etc etc...

Bit of a bother. too bad it could not have been done in one smooth action.

But if the chatter is gone I am a happy camper. Thanks for the quick action Fuji.

Not sure they could have done it any other way since the lenses needed their FW updated as well.

Yeh I guess but is there an end to it? If I get a big kit of lenses, the extra wide coming out in te fall, perhaps two zoom lenses. OK I see updates where it says "Please have five fully charged batteries and two days free time...."

Do other cameras require firmware updates of lenses as well?

Happy for the update but...Just saying.

-- hide signature --

I totally get it. Software is impossible. No way they could have figured out how to do it with one update, a little virus thingy in the main software perhaps that recognized the first time a new lens put on and automatically updated the lens? Too hard, too much imagination and certainly way beyond the pay grade of the Silkypix engineers.

Hey I love the camera. I understand that this forum is soon to be renamed Fanboys, Fuji Apologists and trolls that make them crazy. No critisism allowed. If you dont like it then Pi** off. I get it.

Thanks for the upgrade. Just saying.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow