New X-Pro1 Firmware out to address chatter, other issues

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Weistling Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: battery life improved

MPA1 wrote:

Regardless of batteries and cameras, you deserve some kind of medal for spending so much time with so many children.

Ha! Yes, I feel like burnt toast right now. But looking through these shots, I am a shocked how well these low light shots with moving kids turned out. I will post a few later after some wine.

No way I could do that. Even one is too many for me! Mind you I suppose it would have ensured that you could not hear the aperture chatter even if it was still happening...

Weistling wrote:

I updated firmware this morning and then took 20 kindergardeners to the LA Natural History Museum on a field trip. I took 488 (976 if you consider it was writing 2 files)shots on one freshly charged battery. I was shooting RAW+Fine. Before thefirmware fix I was averaging 200 shots. When I first got the camera 2 weeks ago, I was getting about 120 shots with this set up. I noticed it was better and better with each charge. But now, this is fantastic. I am believing the chatter really did put a drain on the battery.
--
http://mweistling.aminus3.com/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow