Just cancelled Amazon D800 and closed my Amazon account

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP cwmartin Senior Member • Posts: 1,203
Re: Just cancelled Amazon D800 and closed my Amazon account

Valentin Hertz wrote:

I don't think that can be true! Why would changing the shipping method change your place? I ordered @ 3:45 est on 2/7 I have now delivery estimate 4/13 - 5/1
and I changed my shipping to one day. Go figure...

That delivery estimate is what shows on the web site when you check your order there. Mine shows the same thing. But if you call or chat with a customer service rep they will tell you the web site hasn't updated and the current delivery est. for my order is June 6th.

A second level manager told me that their system takes any change to shipping and moves you to the back of the queue for the new shipping method. So if you were at the front of the queue for Free shipping and then changed to next day shipping, you would move to the back of the next day shipping queue.

I agree it stinks that they do that and they don't tell you up front, since most of the time it doesn't matter, especially with in stock items or items with very short backorder times. But with items like the D800 with massive backorders it does matter.

-- hide signature --

Clifford W Martin
aka BigRedDogATL
http://www.bigreddogatl.com

cwmartin's gear list:cwmartin's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow