Just cancelled Amazon D800 and closed my Amazon account

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP cwmartin Senior Member • Posts: 1,203
Re: Just cancelled Amazon D800 and closed my Amazon account

Red G8R wrote:

It must be very frustrating. Unfortunately, Amazon just sees another cancelation without knowing why. Maybe you cancelled because you changed your mind or got a D800 from a different order.

It would be nice if you could have spoken to someone about the cancelation. Is it possible to speak with a person in customer service?
--
Peter
Ontario, Canada

I did with a second level manager and told them the reason. They tried offering a $20 credit, but I wasn't accepting that. I understand that Amazon can't ship what Nikon doesn't supply, but their whole way of handling this is just wrong. If a customer asks, they should tell them where they are in the queue. In response, to that question I found out from this supervisor that Amazon shuffles the queue around depending upon what shipment method you selected when ordering. Then if you change shipment method after the order was placed, your order is moved to the back of the queue. To me, that stinks.

-- hide signature --

Clifford W Martin
aka BigRedDogATL
http://www.bigreddogatl.com

cwmartin's gear list:cwmartin's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow