Nex-7 + Zeiss 25mm ZM With Cornerfix

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ravinj Contributing Member • Posts: 587
Nex-7 + Zeiss 25mm ZM With Cornerfix

As is well known some RF wide angle lenses can cause colors cast issues on the Nex-7. I tried a few cases where the color cast was REALLY bothering me and created lens profile for the Zeiss 25mm ZM.

For those who are having issues and want to use their existing RF lenses, the process is:

1) Create lens profile in Cornerfix.
2) Export the ARW to DNG via LR.
3) Open the DNG in Cornerfix and apply correction.
4) Import the corrected DNG in LR and process as usual

I created the lens profile rather sloppily (just covered the lens with a while tissue and shot at various apertures) but even then the results are quite good. With a bit of care (grey card shot when the sky is overcast), I am sure it will improve a bit more.

Attached are some samples with color cast and with correction. Cornerfix is pretty impressive at what it does. The first sample as you can see was pretty much ruined but Cornerfix cleaned it up nicely.

This may be useful to folks who are not convinced of the Nex lens range or simply do not want to buy an expensive lens like the Zeiss 24mm for Nex when the future resale is still unclear. ZM/M mount lenses can be sold easily (at least for now).

ravinj's gear list:ravinj's gear list
Sony a7 +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow