New X-Pro1 Firmware out to address chatter, other issues

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Seahster Regular Member • Posts: 161
Re: New X-Pro1 Firmware out to address chatter, other issues

chrisdb wrote:

I am having trouble updating firmware and could use a little help to determine the problem.
I am using an iMac 2.8 Ghz core i7 and OSX 10.6.8

I formatted a blank SD card ( PNY 8G class 10) in camera and mounted the card on my desktop. I opens as a blank drive with no folders.

I downloaded the camera firmware update and the download show 36.5 MB, but the file when copied to my desktop is 38.3 MB

I copied the file FPUPDATE.DAT to the 'formatted' sd card and tried to update but got an error message "new firmware cannot be found"

I tried also to shoot and image on a formatted card to create folders- erased images and then copied FPUPDATE.DAT to the root directory and got the same result error message.

I this update not playing nicely with my MAC OS, or is there something I am missing here?

Would it work better on a PC?

For what its worth, I updated my camera and lenses on a Mac as well and yes, the file sizes do not tally, I also got 38.3MB but its probably to do with the mac file system rather than anything else.

Copy the file onto the camera formatted card, put the SD card back into the camera, and turn it on, holding 'DISP' and the firmware upgrade dialogue should appear.

If you're already doing this, I'm not sure why its not working but I can at least confirm that the Mac OS isn't the cause of it.

Adrian
--
travellin' shootin' camera geekin' at http://handcarryonly.com

Seahster's gear list:Seahster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha a7R II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow