E-M5 firmware bugs, report them here

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
kenw
kenw Veteran Member • Posts: 5,354
Re: Camera locks up when reviewing image in the EVF

FYI, I'm having trouble recreating this problem. One thing to be aware, which is a bit annoying, is that the camera seems to refuse to enter play mode while still clearing the buffer. That might be related to your problem, but I did shoot a burst and try to get it to lock up and couldn't really. Though it still behaved poorly - basically it ignores the play button for quite sometime if you've shot a burst (until the card writing icon stops blinking) and then finally goes to play (moving to the LCD) at which point pressing the LV button brings the play display back to the EVF.

Jonas B wrote:

As reported here by myself April 19: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41268194

I am a viewfinder guy and when reviewing an image in the viewfinder I notice I have to turn off the automatic switching between the LCD and the EVF and then after having taken the shot I need to press PLAY (will show the image on the LCD), wait a second or two and then press the EVF button. If I press the two buttons without pause between them the camera locks up for about five or six seconds and then I can start over.

Sometimes it doesn't help to wait a second or two before pressing the button asking the camera to direct the image to the EVF. It randomly locks up anyway.

I suggest: Fix the problem, and at the same time give the user a choice (an option somewhere in the menus) to tell the camera if images should be directed to the LCD or to the EVF when reviewing them.

-- hide signature --

Ken W
See profile for equipment list

kenw's gear list:kenw's gear list
Sony RX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +34 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow