why MAC?

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
DogShot Contributing Member • Posts: 605
Re: Wrong is subjective.

Richard wrote:

There is no better reason to own an Apple than you simply want one.

I'll bet that just about everyone else on this forum has significant experience using both Mac's and PC, except for you.

THe reason I moved from PC to a Mac, back in the days of XP, was that I was having persistent and annoying network problems with my home setup. As soon as I moved, I effortlessly had my printer (before the days of network-ready printers) networked, my stereo networked...I even had my digital temperature controller for my charcoal bbq networked. Sure I could have eventually done this with a PC, and maybe even solved my dropouts problem, but after how long and after how much learning about stuff I have no time or interest in figuring out?

The last straw was when I was delivering a presentation on my PC, and mid-presentation my PC started to shut down Powerpoint to do an operating system update. PC users happily report that their PC is as fast as the day they bought it - all they have to do is a fresh install of their operating system every 6 months to keep it that way.

Mac users spend less time troubleshooting, maintaining and fixing their machines than do PC users. That is a real advantage to some people.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow