why MAC?

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Richard Veteran Member • Posts: 4,858
not Apple bashing.

Tom_N wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

So when HP decided to cut the PC division all together it was because...?

According to Apple-bashing, Apple-customer-bashing types, Apple products are worthless and under-featured and over-priced

I think they make a great product, the hardware is sound and the OS is great, it does have some feature that are better than Windows. They are not worthless or people would not pay the extra money for them. I do think they are over priced for what you get and there are lesser expensive computers that do the same thing for less. But that allows choice which is good

, and Apple users are all elitist, style-obsessed idiots who are too dumb to use "real" computers

I have seen a lot of Apple users that give off an air of elitism. it happens a lot. It is mac that has uses marketing that PCs were hard and for geeks and Apple is easy for users that are not computer savvy.

PCs and Android will soon wipe Macs and iOS off the face of the Earth.

I think that competition will make them both better or the one one that does not compete will get left behind, but that is not necessarily Appl,e that is anyone that does not make a good product

And yet it was IBM (the creator of the Intel PC) who left the marketplace – and HP (the top vendor among the remaining Wintel PC vendors, at least in terms of units) who very seriously considered leaving it, for the same reason. Namely that the PC business is not profitable enough.

Glad you said that. But it is profitable, just not enough for stockholders. But Apple is profitable, so it is not that computers are not profitiable, it is because HP, IBM and others are not doing something right in the hardware department because Microsoft seems to be doing pretty well.

By the way, I think that projections are that Apple will overtake HP this year in terms of the number of units sold, though that may be for the combined total of desktops, plus laptops, plus tablets.

First, no way on the computer or laptop. Yes they wind the tablet, but a tablet at least in Ipod is not a computer. But if you bring in Ipads, then bring in HP Servers which are not included in consumer computers, they run VMS, Unix and Windows. But they are no more a personal computer than the IPad.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow