why MAC?

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
bravozulu Contributing Member • Posts: 897
Re: Nope

Since the early '90s, I had a PC at home, but my company preferred Macs at the office. I have had to teach them both to employees and to my family. Being retired, I use Mac only.

No matter what type you already own, don't minimize the countless hours used to learn it and the practice gained over time. Switching brands simply because of a few advantages or whiz-bang features on the other side isn't justification enough to scrap what you already know.

Large corporations with mainframe computers feel that PCs connect seamlessly. And data communication is more reliable. At least that is the talk.

Macs do have a cool factor. File handling (naming, storing, organizing, finding files) is nothing short of remarkable. And since OS Tiger, Macs have a tracking system for everything, even hidden files and preferences, so instead of digging through folders, within folders, within folders, you send a query with just a tag word or the first part of a file name through Spotlight.

Spotlight will pluck your file, application, phrase right out of a maze of data in seconds.

I live in a Mac town. It's called Hollywood. The artsy types, musicians and the movie industry gravitate towards the Mac. But to restate, I wouldn't switch platforms unless for compelling reasons.

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow