why MAC?

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Richard Veteran Member • Posts: 4,858
Re: Because they are better.

webfrasse wrote:

Richard wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

Richard wrote:

And with 2 drive bays you could have an ssd for speed and big spindle drive for slower large 1-2tb storage and large storage on burnable blueray disks. A photographers dream.

A photographers dream is to carry super large laptops? I have a 17" Dell Precision M6500 at work. One optical drive and 2 spinning drives. It's a good work horse but there is no way in hell I'm carrying that monster around on any photo trips. I can hardly get my camera gear to fit with the carry on restrictions.

I want to carry LESS junk around. My photo work is done to 99.999% in front of a 24" iMac (soon a new 27" dito).

If you don't do photo work on your laptop then an IPad would work for you, You don't need the bulk of a laptop. For me I want a powerful machine when I am on the road. It is also nice to have a copy of my current projects so I can work on them and to be able to work on video as well. That is why I have a laptop and a big display helps with photo video editing (and nice if I decide to play call of duty MW3 or a true HD movie on Blue ray. If I were just browse the web, email and such, I could get away with my android phone, or an android pad device.

BTW, the first thing I did on the Dell was to reformat the disk to remove Win7 and install Linux on it. Solid as a rock.

If someone gave me a mac, I would probably use it in conjunction with my PC. But when I buy a PC windows installed on it because it is the industry standard and the best OS for the money and the masses. If you are not smart enough to operate one, then like all ingnorance, you will have to pay through the nose for an overpriced mac.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow