OM-D E-M5 Field Test

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gakuranman
OP Gakuranman Senior Member • Posts: 1,194
Re: OM-D E-M5 Field Test

Yea, still only Jpegs supported...

I have noise reduction set to low, but after really pulling the shadows in some files and adding sharpness, there was a definite mush in fine detail. Not something I really worry about for web shots of these size though, and I have the Raws for when I can really process the photos.

The dog shot was actually taken when I was having the blur issues (i.e. IS was being switched off without me knowing it), as well as being shot in harsh sunlight. I had to pull the shadows again to really try and get some detail in the face.

Raist3d wrote:

Gakuranman wrote:

Thanks for the comment. I processed the photos in Lightroom 4 afterwards (Jpeg processing). I used 3 different lenses - the 25, 7-14 and 40-150. Is there a particular shot you dislike? Perhaps I could help clarify some of the post processing settings I used, since colour and contrast are mostly dependent on the adjustments I made and my personal preferences :).

If you were processing JPEGS in LR4 and not RAWS, that would explain some of the issues I see then. I thought you were processing RAWS (duh! LR4 doesn't support the EM5 yet, that should have been obvious but maybe you were processing in Oly Viewer).

Basically what I notice in some is some distinctive lack of detail. The dog shot for example though I wondered if the dog was moving (haven't checked the shutter speed). I am thinking here comparing to some other samples, like the Olympus model shot, etc.

Raist3d wrote:

Thanks for posting that.

I will be frank and say I am not too thrilled with the color/contrast I am seeing, but I am going to chalk that up to the lens you were using- were you using the EM5 weather sealed zoom kit lens?

If so would be interesting to see with one of the more premium lenses.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow