OM-D E-M5 Field Test

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gakuranman
OP Gakuranman Senior Member • Posts: 1,194
Re: OM-D E-M5 Field Test

Yea, still only Jpegs supported...

I have noise reduction set to low, but after really pulling the shadows in some files and adding sharpness, there was a definite mush in fine detail. Not something I really worry about for web shots of these size though, and I have the Raws for when I can really process the photos.

The dog shot was actually taken when I was having the blur issues (i.e. IS was being switched off without me knowing it), as well as being shot in harsh sunlight. I had to pull the shadows again to really try and get some detail in the face.

Raist3d wrote:

Gakuranman wrote:

Thanks for the comment. I processed the photos in Lightroom 4 afterwards (Jpeg processing). I used 3 different lenses - the 25, 7-14 and 40-150. Is there a particular shot you dislike? Perhaps I could help clarify some of the post processing settings I used, since colour and contrast are mostly dependent on the adjustments I made and my personal preferences :).

If you were processing JPEGS in LR4 and not RAWS, that would explain some of the issues I see then. I thought you were processing RAWS (duh! LR4 doesn't support the EM5 yet, that should have been obvious but maybe you were processing in Oly Viewer).

Basically what I notice in some is some distinctive lack of detail. The dog shot for example though I wondered if the dog was moving (haven't checked the shutter speed). I am thinking here comparing to some other samples, like the Olympus model shot, etc.

Raist3d wrote:

Thanks for posting that.

I will be frank and say I am not too thrilled with the color/contrast I am seeing, but I am going to chalk that up to the lens you were using- were you using the EM5 weather sealed zoom kit lens?

If so would be interesting to see with one of the more premium lenses.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow