S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread, 2012.04.11

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
BobsYourUncle MOD Veteran Member • Posts: 4,769
Re: Huy

Yes, a lawn-mower, Dobsonian reflector telescope. I wonder what could be done with a lawn "tractor?" That may be large enough to drag around and even bigger telescope!

I actually own a pair of telescopic binoculars that I mount on a tripod. Nice 100mm objectives and easy enough to focus on some celestial objects.

BTW I am one hour from the San Bernardino Mtns. and an hour from Palm Springs and 1 1/4 hours from the high desert....all of which can be pitch dark with a clear sky.

Bob

huyzer wrote:
Hello,

Bobtheamateur wrote:

Nothing would please me more than to have some sort of setup that allows me to view the heavens. As you may guess I have a "within 1 hour" access to the mountains or desert and $25/yr buys me a membership in the local Astronomy Club that owns its own viewing area in the high desert. But it still takes a bit of effort. I am looking to lighten the load when I shoot images so when a Telescope manufacturer comes out with carbon fiber components I will be first to take a look (but that would cost a bundle).

Yes, carbon fiber anything sounds expensive in comparison to other equivalents. And nope, I didn't know you were "within 1 hour" access to mountains or deserts. That's cool when you have those options though. Awesome. My late friend told me about membership to an observatory up in L.A. when I used to chat with him. I miss him.

Did you get my other post/reply about the lawn mower mounted telescope?
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1020&message=41241959

Take care,
Huy

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow