Oly OM-D: So This is what happened:

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JPG Senior Member • Posts: 1,203
Oly OM-D: So This is what happened:

One camera store had the Oly OM-D in stock, a Sony store around the corner had the NEX-7 in stock. I went to see the Oly OM-D first. It was so cute, I wanted to buy it instantly, also the image ISO tests, NEX-7 vs. Oly OM-D on this website showed the OM-D being very close to the NEX-7. It seemed the NEX surpassed the OM-D up into ISO 800, but after that and beyond 800 the OM-D began beating the NEX by a considerable margin, depending how high up you go. So, from these ISO tests on this site, the NEX is probably a better day camera with ISO's below 800 while the OM-D is a better night camera above ISO 800.

So, I fooled around with the OM-D a bit, trying to figure at all the buttons. I got the LCD screen to read all the information, which would be great because all you have to do is touch a particular function from the touch screen and it would do it.

Now comes the big problem: I couldn't get the LCD to go back into live view. Two clerks behind the counter worked with it as well, and we couldn't do it. So we spent about 20-30 minutes, tried everything and even got out the manual. No Go!! So, I said, 'this is a hell of a way to try to sell a camera!'. As I walked out the door they were still struggling with it. My advise: if you are trying to sell cameras you had better know how they work!!!! So, I went to the Sony store and bought the NEX-7, still wishing I could be sold on the Oly OM-D.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JPG
JPG
JPG
JPG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow