How to use (or not use) noise reduction.
My general rule is to apply "low" NR on photos using ISO 800 or more and "off" otherwise. Some claim that OV2 does NR even when "off", I haven't seen any proof of that since many software interpret RAW files differently. Some software, e.g. LightRoom will do a better job of reducing noise.
BTW, if you use Olympus Viewer 2 for editing. The PC version is faster and easier to use.
I've been reading several posts on using Noise Reduction.
I have the Olympus software and PaintShop Pro. I'm confused about doing PP and then whether or not - or how to - use noise reduction. I have an Olympus XZ-1 and sometimes have to shoot in low light.
Any help appreciated.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%