X100 & X1Pro Focusing Question

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
netsurfr
netsurfr Regular Member • Posts: 131
X100 & X1Pro Focusing Question

Ok bear w/ me here since I'm a newb w/ photography but I have an X100 and I'm trying to understand what type of fast action type of shots are not doable by it or the X1 Pro. I ask because I LOVE so much about the X100( IQ, OVF, Retro look) yet I hear/read so much about it being to slow to focus & therefore more of a niche camera.

Well I've been testing taking pictures of moving cars by either doing AF or doing zone focusing & I'm not having any issues with the pictures so trying to understand where the X100 or the X1Pro may fall short. Reason I ask is because I really want to buy the X1Pro but I'm worried that it may not fill all our needs for general family/kids pictures.

Any clarification would be great cause I'm itching to pull the trigger on the X1Pro as a companion to my x100 especially when I saw the lens roadmap!

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow