High Key 1st Attempt

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf Forum Pro • Posts: 12,674
Re: high key @ 2/3rd over? 1/3rd over? high key? really?

69chevy wrote:

Feel free to talk about whatever you call what I did. I am digging all of the info and advice. I nailed several shots tonight after using the tutorials posted here. I also learned a new editing tool that I feel like a fool for not knowing about earlier. Again, I cannot thank you all enough. My hot white background tonight was about .5 stops over cooked, and it was perfect! I shot the pic I posted with the matte side of the 9x20' background. Once I flipped to the reflective side, and followed the tutorials, it is exactly what I wanted!

I’m glad you’re finding it useful

There is often some confusion over high key imagery. While it isn’t quite accurate to say that “a hot white background is necessary for high key, but isn’t sufficient in itself”, it is close. Most high key images have a hot white background, but there is more to high key than that. If you Google ‘high key image’, not just ‘high key’, you should get the idea of what a high key image look like.

Brian A

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow