Carrying my e30 and Oly 12-60 lens in a Tamron Velocity bag, took a tumble off the car seat onto the pavement, thought nothing of it. It didn't fall hard, just sort of slipped slowly down. A couple days later - shooting into the sun thought there was much more flare than usual... looked down and the filter was shattered. Carefully unscrewed it, tossed it and kept on shooting. $90 filter saved a $900 lens.
ALL my lenses have a protective filter except the kit lenses, which can be replaced for the cost of a filter, and the 9-18 which will vignette with it.
I don't use the lens hood on that lens because it is simply too stiff to take off. Now I need to free up the lens hood so I don't feel as if I'll break the lens in half if I want to remove it.
Olympus e30, e-510, 12~60, 50~200 ED, EC14, 18~180, 14~42, 40~150, 50mm macro, 9~18, fl36
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%