Qimage - arghh

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kurt Sonderegger Contributing Member • Posts: 541
Re: Qimage - arghh

Tom-C wrote:

But the goal was to print 12x18 on 13x19 paper. So there is plenty of room on the paper for the desired border and for the printer's minimum margins.

The answer is to go to the Page Margins options (Edit/Preferences/Print and Page Formatting/Page Margins) and click on the Center on Physical Page button.

That centers the image on the piece of paper rather than center within the printable area.

Tom is right-on here. I printed a lot of 12x18 on 13x19 paper with my old B9180. I used Qimage Pro and then the Studio Edition. All you need to do is center the 12x18 image on the 13x19 sheet. This leaves 0.5 inch margins on all sides and I mat my prints with an 1/8-inch overlap of the image. I use 16x22 frames.

If you don't care to mat and just want the 1/8-inch white border, simply trim down the margins to 1/8 inch. Trying to get margins to print out exactly to such a small dimension is a waste of time. Buy a good paper cutter with the money you'd spend on wasted paper and ink.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow