D800 delivery update (UK)

Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
winter1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,944
Re: D800 delivery update (UK)

Yes I fell your pain having been a customer of theirs in the past. It's now in my rule book never to deal with them. However I am guessing they are having a similar problem to all other UK outlets in the fact that they have no info whatsoever from Nikon UK as to how many and when!!

Amazon have always been good to me in the past and their service has been second to none. My order is in at £2099 so I guess I am just going to have to sit it out but the fact of no date at all just makes the waiting harder.

jadot wrote:

Jessops are really making idiots of themselves with their abysmal customer service and attitude.

Their lack of information is laughable for such a large retailer. And to be told that they're only receiving stock allocation at a rate of 14-15 units per week is out of line especially considering that they're still taking pre-orders online (before fulfilling existing orders) and also as I was told at the time of order that "of course, you will get your camera on MArch 23rd"

Jessops arrogantly assumed that because they have a basic high street presence and they mark everything up more than other retailers that they would get some kind of preferential treatment from Nikon? I guess this mistake can only really be matched by the huge fail in intelligent criteria as must befit the application form that you have to fill out if you want to become one of their customer service phone'bods.

Their lack of forthcoming information and apparent blind money grabbing, coupled with a nonchalant guesstimating approach to any kind of time frame is cosmic, at best.

I'm kicking myself for ordering with Jessops - a mistake I won't be making again.

-- hide signature --

examples of my photography at http://www.alexanderleaman.co.uk

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
3LX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow